2007/07/03

"What do you do?"

I experienced that question last night for the first real time. Of course I've had people ask me before but this was a group of peers that I had a lot in common with, and basically we went around and asked that. I was at Shwin's bachelor party, with people that I either met last night or hadn't really seen in a few years. I wasn't really embarrassed to say I'm still undergrad and making copies, but I certainly felt a couple of steps behind. Almost everyone else there is in some type of professional career or in grad school.

I actually had a lot of fun though. We just went to a restaurant then went back to the clubhouse at Shwin's apartments and played Texas Hold 'em and hung out. It wasn't a binge drinking fest like my party turned out to be, and I really felt more like I was with a group with similar interests than I have since high school. Actually the crazy part was how much fun Nick and I had. A lot of the time when he and I have talked in the past couple of years it felt like there was an invisible wall, but we had a blast last night. Before he left we kinda promised to each other to take getting together a bit more seriously. This is good.

I keep looking at things I want to change and keep reminding myself that everything is going to change in about 5 months. I'll have a degree, and I will finally have an open schedule to work when I need to. I hope I can develop a routine that involves daily exercise and more stability in what I do. I also hope I will make enough money to get us out of credit card debts quickly and start working on paying off cars.

No comments: