2007/07/12

A few sites I reccomend

I've been expanding what I read lately and have come across a few blogs that deserve mentioning. One of my favorites is "More Than Fine" by David Chen. He does a great job of only posting interesting stuff. The flow seems to be a bit random because he hops subjects quite a bit, from politics to religion to pop culture to movies and TV, but somehow it works.

Another new one I found is called "Dumb Little Man." It's yet another lifehacker type blog but Jay has some great material. He doesn't post links, and doesn't publish filler. He also will go into financial issues, not just productivity.

A more high profile blog that I have enjoyed for a long time is UneasySilence. They cover a wide range of stuff like BoingBoing but again pretty much skimming the top of good stuff, and there is also a strong Mac focus.

One with a bit less pulp but lots of fun would be Geekologie. It's sorta Engadget on crack. They post tons of gadgets and happenings, always with a cynical and sarcastic bend.

Finally is the blog of Tim Ferris. Tim has recently published a New York Times bestselling book and I think he could certainly be called a model lifehacker. His basic premise is to outsource what you can of your life so you can enjoy your time and money. I'm going to pick up his book soon but he still shares a lot of secrets and tips on his blog.

No comments: