2004/12/06

Penguin and the Pebble

I had never heard this before, but apparently there was even a movie about it.

http://www.penguin-club.co.uk/library.htm

When the Adeli penguin picks a mate, he brings her a pebble. If she is a highly sought after female, she may be presented with more than one pebble and has to choose. Sounds like a certain human tradition to me.

Tonight, on the way home, there was a new Motley Crue (sorry I missed the accent) song on. Decent heavy stuff, and it put me in a mood for something heavy. I came home and started ripping some of my older Metallica CD's to iTunes. I forgot how great this old stuff is. The first record came out before I was born, and Ride the Lightning came out when I was 1. Crazy to think of when you consider that the record that came out in 2003 (maybe 2004) was heavy enough that even the local rock station didn't really play it.

No comments: