2007/11/22

Gratitude Exercises

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a bit excited because I got up at six this morning and went to the Ridgewood Shopping Center Turkey Trot, and participated in the one-mile fun run. It was for extra credit for PE, but it was a fun thing to do. The $20 entry fee went to MS research.

I read a very good blog post from Timothy Ferris, and wanted to share it. Link

Basically he recommends listing five things that you are grateful for each day for a week, starting today. I'm going to try to list mine here.

1. The ability to run, because it feels good and there are people that can't.
2. My two dogs. They are one of the greatest joys in my life and Missy ran with me today.
3. Air conditioning. It's Thanksgiving day, and mine is on.
4. Manual transmission. It's more fun and easier to maneuver in tight spots.
5. Hand sanitizer. I have become a bit of germ freak, and having a bottle of this stuff in my bag helps me cope.

No comments: